HEALTH AND HOME BENEFITS OF HIMALAYAN SALT LAMPS
The basic premise behind a salt lamp is to help cleanse your indoor air and provide an attractive soothing light in your home. Using some of the most diverse measuring methodologies available, worldwide scientific tests have shown how salt lamps can increase the number of negative ions released into your indoor air.
So, how do salt lamps actually work? It’s really quite simple. A heated salt lamp:
- Attracts humidity causing the surface of the salt crystal to become moist
- Creates a buildup of ions and removes moisture from your air
- Binds excessive positive ions with their negative ions
- Helps to neutralize the “electro-smog” in your air and reduces allergens and irritants
- Creates potential soothing effects for you from multi-colored salt crystals
From a more scientific standpoint, three natural action principles are at work with salt lamps.
1. Ionization — The emission of ions is primarily caused by the alternating actions of the heated salt’s ability to first attract and absorb water, and then evaporate it. The salt goes into a solution as it mixes with the water molecules. Sodium, as positively charged ions, and chloride, as negatively charged ions, become neutral and are released into your environment — which helps reduce pollutants such as allergens and irritants from your air.
2. Electromagnetic oscillation — Every form of life on the planet depends on the electromagnetic field of vibration. Due to electronics and industrialization, your body receives artificial electromagnetic wavelengths with many diverse frequency values. Because of the neutral atomic structure of crystal salt, a heated salt lamp helps you harmonize and balance these artificial frequencies, and neutralize “electro-smog”.
3. Transparent-crystalline structure developing the light waves — It’s well-known that you need the light waves of the rainbow spectrum for your health and preservation of your body. Your cells are supplied by light with new energy in the form of electromagnetic wavelengths. The wavelengths of salt crystal colors fall within the upper nanometer zone producing positive and soothing effects.
One of the biggest challenges with salt lamps is their limited range. You can’t simply place a single salt lamp just anywhere in your home and expect to promote improved air quality throughout your entire house — it doesn’t work that way. But you can place a few lamps in selected areas where you spend the most time — family room, home office, bedroom, etc.
By doing this you maximize your benefits from negative ions where you spend the most time as well as neutralize the impacts of “electro-smog” from your television and computers in specific areas where they’re located.
– Naturally Holistic Health